Department: Communications/PR and Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Director
We are looking for a Content Writer/QC to help the agency’s clients connect with their audiences in meaningful and measurable ways.
The ideal candidate is a gifted and curious person who is comfortable researching client-related subjects and quickly getting up to speed. Sometimes, that means independent research, while others, it will require scheduled interviews with subject matter experts to gain insights that will be the raw material used to write blogs, white papers, emails and other forms of digital content.
The Content Writer/QC is also responsible for ensuring all text in materials produced by or for the agency and its clients are well-written, free of typos, grammatically correct, consistent in style, and crafted to specification per platform. You’ll be asked to review text for a wide range of material, including business correspondence, reports, proposals, long-form content, short-form content, social graphics, advertising copy, emails and website content.
Applicants must have a portfolio of published work to review in order to be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES – CONTENT WRITER
- Primarily responsible for writing content on behalf of our clients, which could include blogs, white papers, social media posts, websites, emails and long form video scripts.
- Research clients’ products/services/industries to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy for assigned projects.
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams to assist in creation of content
- Work to ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of first and foremost promoting the client’s brand image and/or selling their product or service, according to the strategic creative plan.
- Spec original copy for designers to indicate hierarchy of headings, application of specific type style, copy that needs special emphasis, etc., to instruct the design team.
- Collaborate with Designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
- Contribute in brainstorming/ideation for social content, videos, email campaigns and more.
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
- Work with production team to create style templates for the agency and all clients, assuring consistent brand identity across all media.
- Source quotations, aphorisms and research citations and appropriately credits or footnotes where needed.
- Assist in writing proposals, presentations, marketing plans, publicity, etc., as requested.
- Maintains current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES – QUALITY CONTROL
- Proofread all files produced by the creative and production department, correcting spelling, usage and grammar; annotates PDFs and/or edits within project management software (Workzone).
- Check facts contained within content using both internal and external resources.
- Edits and/or rewrites copy as requested.
- Reviews all photo and illustration captions for accuracy of description, names, dates, locations and events.
- Produces a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc.
- Edits and fact checks text written by other writers or contributors to ensure consistent client style.
- A curious and collaborative mindset
- 3-5 years of proven experience as a content writer, journalist or copywriter in a similar role
- Portfolio of published articles, provided as a clickable link on your resume
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Hands-on experience with project management software (e.g. Basecamp, Workfront or Workzone)
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. brochures, white papers) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
- Solid time-management skills
- Basic keyword search knowledge
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or relevant field
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance