Reports to: Director of Insights
A Social Media Manager is the champion of audience community experience, creation and growth. A person in this position knows how to ideate, build, implement and manage social media programs across multiple clients in a variety of industries.
Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be leveraged in different scenarios, and experience with online monitoring and measurement tools.
Please send a pic of your dog(s) with your resume and cover letter. If you’re not fortunate enough to have a doggo, send a pic of your pet with a dog filter, costume or pose. Don’t have a pet? Bummer…look, we just really want to see cute dog pics. We don’t care how you get them as long as getting them doesn’t violate people, animals or laws.
- Dogs — You must love them. It’s okay if you love cats, birds, rabbits, etc. too.
- Excellence — Strives to exceed the standard/status quo delivering exceptional work, holding self and team to higher quality of work.
- Curiosity — Asks thoughtful questions, seeks to learn more and understand.
- Leadership — Ability to guide our clients and our peers with your subject matter expertise. Leverage your knowledge and experience to demonstrate MKR’s industry leadership.
- Ambitious — Doesn’t wait around for opportunities to come. Works effectively with teams to find opportunities, develop and implement.
- Creative problem solver — There are multiple ways to solve problems.
- Quick — Can think, develop and implement at “digital” speed.
- Collaboration — Embraces working with others, through idea sharing and strategic thinking, to develop world class work and solutions.
- Communication — Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate information, however complex, in a way that teams and clients understand.
- Champions the audience community experience with our clients developing authentic communities around brands.
- Designing and implementing social media strategy and tactics that maintain an audience-first mindset and aligns with client business goals.
- Find opportunities to keep the rest of the agency current on the latest owned and earned media trends, social media channels and platform updates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Social Media Management
- Work across MKR departments to ensure social owned and social earned tactics align with campaign strategies.
- Social Media monitoring and moderation.
- Develop and foster social influencer relationships to further promote client brands.
- Suggest and implement new approaches to achieve client objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media – tools, platforms, strategies, tactics and applications
- Write effective, concise copy for multiple platforms, social networks in a voice and tone reflective of the client brand.
- Leverages audience, performance, channel and trended insights in the development of content strategies and tactics.
- Turns data analysis into actionable insights into trends with recommendations for optimizations, pivots to improve clients’ social media efforts – Ad hoc and in ongoing client reporting.
- Assists in social media listening projects for research and crisis management.
- Recommends, implements and manages social media metrics and KPIs that best tell the “data story” to clients. Able to set and track goals, forecast outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of professional experience – Agency experience preferred
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Expert understanding of social media platforms
- Experience working with a variety of SMMs tools strongly preferred (Sprout Social, Social Studio, Hubspot, etc.)
- Independent worker with ability to complete assigned tasks, and manage a complex and fast-paced schedule – Respects deadlines
- Ability to work remote outside of typical business hours (Some MKR clients require work hours on evenings and weekends)
- Familiarity with paid social media a plus
- Experience with SEO and CRM software also a plus, but not required
- Certifications in the following not required, but they’d go far if you had them:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Marketing Science
- Facebook Buying and/or Planning
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing, Social Media Marketing and/or Content Marketing
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance